Rejuvenating your skin is not just an act of aesthetic medicine: it restores the youthful qualities of your skin, making it effective in its main protective or regulatory functions. Simple, painless treatments are now available to rejuvenate the skin without surgery, whether on the face or the rest of the body.
To restore the youthful beauty of your face, with a smooth, functional and radiant epidermis, this medical facelift is often a perfect alternative to a surgical facelift.
A rejuvenated skin is a better contoured skin.
The youthfulness of the skin means fullness and contours, making it both more sensual and at the same time more functional. Well-rounded skin is also a well-moisturized skin.
Why rehydrate your skin?
The contoured shape of the skin is linked to the presence in its dermis of hyaluronic acid (HA), a molecule able to absorb water like a sponge. The larger and better the HA, the more effective the volumizing effect.
There is therefore a dual effect:
- Trophic action, since water is necessary for cell metabolism; thus, the poorly hydrated skin ages faster.
- Aesthetic action, since the absence of hyaluronic acid deepens the volumes (temples, dark circles, forehead...), the epidermis above (static wrinkles) and renders the skin thinner and transparent (bone protrusions or visible veins).
How to rehydrate your skin?
Rehydration of the skin means the introduction of water and thus hyaluronic acid into the dermis: it is not the same as the application of nourishing treatment for the epidermis.
Replenishing lacking hyaluronic acid
Your aesthetic doctor can repair lost volumes with a filling product such as hyaluronic acid injection:
Non-cross-linked fluid HA to cover the dermis and plump it up (skinbooster, mesotherapy...). Cross-linked HA to fill the static wrinkles or restore the oval volume of the face through a medical facelift.
Activate the endogenous production of hyaluronic acid.
Your skin specialist may select another approach by taking advantage of your skin's natural ability to rejuvenate by the use of stem cells.
This dermal remodeling can be achieved by resorbable tensor threads, medical waves carrying energy, tissue inducers, phototherapy...
A rejuvenated skin is a smoother skin
The aged skin loses its elasticity and has a more or less wrinkled look.
Why is the young skin so smooth?
The skin is smooth because of its volume, elasticity and firmness.
Wrinkles are created in two ways.
- Dynamic wrinkles are created by hyper-contraction of the muscles of the skin with loss of elasticity of the skin and of the aponeurotic fascia that surrounds the muscle.
- Static wrinkles are caused by a breakdown of the dermis (hyaluronic acid) or hypodermis (fat) resulting in a sagging of the epidermis generating static wrinkles (hollow grooves).
How to make your skin smoother?
The aim for dynamic wrinkles is to have a myorelaxing effect on the muscles of the skin by injection of botulinum toxin.
The aim for static wrinkles is to smooth them out with a filling substance.
Your doctor may also prefer the natural regeneration of your skin.
Boost the epidermis.
A resurfacing laser or medium TCA peel eliminates the epidermal layer to force it to regenerate, resulting in thinner, smoother and flawless skin. Boost the dermis. A controlled elimination of the dermis with heat will stimulate a repair by the stem cells, which are then activated into young fibroblasts. It is an extensive dermal remodeling for a fuller, firmer and more elastic skin. This energy source may be based on ultrasound, radiofrequency, plasma energy, often directly delivered by micro-needles, such as Profound ® technology.
A rejuvenated skin is more toned.
When the skin starts to lose its tone, it slackens and forms folds, or its volumes sag.
Why tone the skin to rejuvenate?
As the fibers of collagen decline, the skin loosens and sags under the influence of gravity. The oval of the face is now an inverted V-shape: the contours become heavier with a tired, drooping look.
How can you tone the skin?
In the case of a facelift without surgery, the esthetic doctor can bring the tissues back under tension by a number of possibilities: he can reshape the dermis by heat (focused ultrasound, RF, plasma energy...), combine mechanical action (notched tensor wires), lift by adding volume (AH injection)...
A rejuvenated skin is a more radiant skin.
UV rays have a deleterious impact on young skin and accelerate the aging process.
Why make your skin more radiant?
Age spots associated with melanin deposits absorb light and thus cause the skin to lose its radiance or luminosity, resulting in a dull, blurred complexion.
These lentigos grow both on the face and on the hands, cleavage or neck.
How can you make your skin more luminous?
Skin photorejuvenation is a series of medical techniques for restoring radiant skin by removing pigments that develop with age.
The Clinique des Champs Elysées has a variety of different devices, the doctor will select the one most appropriate for your case:
- He may decide to cover up the pigment of a transparent skin, by recreating volume (hyaluronic acid for pigmented dark circles) ;
- He can decide to remove pigment
- Carrying cells with medium peels;
- He can decide to directly eliminate melanin with high energy waves such as a pigment laser, the pigment residues are then cleansed by the macrophages, leading to a luminous and radiant skin, the essential secret of beautiful, young skin.