Facial lipofilling includes the injection of one's own fat to rejuvenate the face or to sculpt the features. This lipofilling technique is a viable substitute to resorbable injection products of synthetic origin.
Why? Rejuvenate and sculpt the face
Facial lipofilling enables to:
- Fill the wrinkles at the first symptoms of aging: horizontal wrinkles on the forehead, lion's wrinkles, crow's feet, nasolabial folds, folds of bitterness
- Correct the shape of the nose or of the chin
- Plump up the lips and reshape the lip contour
- Offer a boost: its own collagen enhances the nutrition of the skin tissue (trophicity) in addition to providing a filling and a volumizing effect.
- Fixing serious acne sequelae (crater-like scars)
- Restore volume to temples, cheekbones, hollow circles, suborbital area, cheeks and contour of the face
How the procedure works
Lipofilling of the face is performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia and lasts between one and two hours.
A small amount of fat is required by the surgeon, just 20 to 30 cc. They do a small liposuction by concentrating on the inside of the knees, the region of the body where small excesses are still present, even in slim people.
They then centrifuge the fat and, with a very fine needle, fill the wrinkles, the hollows, or reshape the face.
The benefits of a facial lipofilling:
- There is no possibility of allergy or rejection because the fat used is that of the patient.
- The effect is permanent, unlike that of hyaluronic acid, which is a resorbable product. It is also possible to first inject HA to allow the patient to have a general overview of the result.
Injected fat is rich in growth factors and increases the quality of the skin. When combining facial lipofilling with PRP injections, the various stem cells in the fat are stimulated and the development of new collagen is actually "boosted"
There are few bruises that can be concealed with makeup and a minor oedema that disappears after a week. All tasks can be resumed immediately.
The result of lipofilling is instantly visible but will be final after three to six months. One to two sessions are sufficient. During the first session, we should not inject too much fat because the effect is irreversible. If possible, we tend to add fat during the retouching session because there is still a resorption of around 30 percent of the initial amount.
Once the fat graft is absorbed, it is irreversible.
Book your appointment for Facial Lipofilling®
Consultation for new clients is required.