With age, our silhouette is often weighed down by the progress of fat bulges and weight gain. Losing them to slim down your body is never simple, with exercise or diet. Aesthetic medicine offers two effective approaches to weight loss without surgery or liposuction, by permanently destroying fat deposits with cold (cryolipolysis) or heat (thermolysis).
The causes of fat deposits: a strategic supply!
Through evolution, the human species has been able to protect itself against the risks of undernourishment by developing efficient storage methods. These preventive solutions still exist today, even in those who have no difficulty in finding food. Faced with excess calories, the human body prefers to retain them rather than waste them by creating two types of storage:
- Reserves that can be mobilized rapidly in the form of carbohydrates; (glycogen).
- Reserves that are more challenging to release, in the form of lipids; (fat). They should only be used in the event of absolute necessity, hence the difficulty of slimming down and losing weight.
Our fat would therefore store an average of 100,000 kcal, which corresponds to an 8-day effort to run without eating!
In order to eliminate this fat, it is necessary to generate a significant and prolonged energy deficit, either by making persistent efforts or by creating a sustained decrease in intake (nutritional diet where the calorie intake is significantly lower than needed). Lipid stocks are stored in the form of fat vacuoles, within this specific storage cell, the adipocytes. Their number is fixed at the age of 15/20 years, because they are unable to multiply: any adipocyte is therefore completely and irreversibly destroyed.
But this hyperspecialization also makes them delicate cells with few elements to repair themselves in the event of injury.
So much so that the mechanism of irreversible cell destruction, apoptosis, is triggered in the event of lesions of their membrane.
The principle: how do you lose weight easily by burning fat?
The first strategy to lose weight is to burn calories from fat, reduce the size of your adipocytes and thus your fat tissue.
There are three possible natural approaches:
- Decrease the daily caloric intake of energy, to find itself below the required needs: this is the principle of a diet to lose weight or a management of obesity by gastric balloon (balloon Elipse ® without surgery).
- Increase caloric needs and basal metabolism, e.g. by growing muscles that consume energy even at rest (EMSculpt ® technology).
- Generate increased muscle effort because it is energy-consuming (sports exercise). The latter only works if we are able to mobilize the energy of the lipids (fat melting or lipolysis) and not the energy of the reserve glycogen (glycogenolysis). This demands a long physical effort, at least 30 minutes, ideally 2h30. To move from 30 minutes of walking to 3 hours thus improves the energy rate released by the lipids from 50 to 80%: it will thus be more efficient to do 1h30 of sport than 3 times 30 minutes.
The second strategy for slimming is the destruction of excess fat tissue.
Aesthetic medicine solutions: how to lose weight rapidly?
If the first approach to slimming is to burn fat, the second approach proposed in aesthetic medicine will be to eliminate it. It will therefore rely on their vulnerability, by destroying the cell membrane and on the fact that any destruction is irreversible. However, the visible effect will be delayed for about 2 months, as the destroyed cell has to be phagocytized and absorbed by macrophages.
These fatty acids released do not pass through the bloodstream, but through the lymphatic system, which does not modify the blood levels of triglycerides or cholesterol.
Destruction of fat bulges by cold: cryolipolysis
Cryolipolysis uses strong and prolonged cold to destroy 25 to 30 per cent of localized fat deposits in a single session, e.g. to recover a flat stomach without effort.
The most effective device to slim without effort is Coolsculpting ®, the first cryolipolysis device in the world authorized by the U.S. FDA.
Destruction of fat bulges by heat: thermolysis
The heat carried by high-energy waves (RF, ultrasound, photons...) will eliminate the adipocyte membrane.
Different devices make it possible to target the chosen thickness, to have an action on the dermis or on the SMAS that envelops the muscles of the skin.
Your aesthetic doctor at the Clinique des Champs Elysées has a wide range of methods to combine slimming, body contouring or anti-aging treatment with a personalized protocol: