Mesotherapy is a treatment procedure commonly used in rheumatology and sports medicine, with a basic rule for active substances: less and better. The molecules are injected directly into the target organ in small amounts. Aesthetic medicine uses this approach with growing success for the dermis, allowing it to treat acne or its symptoms without side effects and in an effective manner.
Causes : what is acne?
Acne is a dermatological disorder, the starting point of which is sebaceous hypersecretion, characteristic of teenagers since it is stimulated by hormonal surges.
This excessive sebum secretion ends up clogging the hair canal with the emergence of a whitehead or a closed comedo.
This white comedo oxidizes and accumulates dirt, resulting in a blackhead or an open comedo.
This excess sebum encourages the production of parasite follicles (Demodex) or anaerobic germs (former Propionibacterium) which can contribute to inflammation: folliculitis.
Pimples or papules may then become infected and become pustules of pus.
Depending on the degree of the inflammatory reaction, the healing of the acne may be more or less significant and more or less durable:
- Mesotherapy is a therapeutic tool commonly used in rheumatology and sports medicine, with a basic rule for active substances: less and better. The molecules are injected directly into the target organ in small amounts. Aesthetic medicine uses this approach with growing success for the dermis, allowing it to treat acne or its symptoms without side effects and in an effective manner.
- Pigmentary acne scar, flat, first pink/brown before turning to a pearly shade or fading;
- A swollen or hypertrophic acne scar;
Atrophic acne scar crateriform acne, which may form lifelong stigmas on the facial skin.
How is acne treated with mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a technique to treat better with less, by introducing the active ingredient in situ:
- With little, because the product is completely used, without loss in the blood circulation;
- Better, because it is instantly put in the spot where it has to act.
Mesotherapy is therefore intended to have a more complete, more tolerated and faster effect.
Mesolift (a type of facial mesotherapy) can deliver the products directly to the dermal tissue.
Acne mesotherapy can be used on two main problems.
Regulation of sebaceous production with mesotherapy
This is the starting point for every acne disorder, as the hyperactivity of sebum-producing glands is caused by several factors. The most critical factor is hormonal stimulation.
Mesoline® ACNE thus incorporates different molecules capable of acting on sebaceous glands:
- Vitamin A controls the synthesis of sebum and inhibits inflammatory reactions.
- The natural extracts of Gingko biloba reduce the sebaceous secretion of the skin.
- Group B vitamins minimize the risk of inflammatory hyperpigmentation or HPI.
- Vitamin PP brings a brightening effect.
- Hyaluronic acid of low molecular weight nourishes the dermis and promotes hydration to the skin.
LED light therapy helps combat against bacterial growth or inflammatory flare-ups (yellow, red and blue lights).
Removal of acne scars with mesotherapy
In the case of old acne, the doctor seeks to fade unsightly wounds, promote dermal regeneration and smooth out superficial lesions.
Depending on the situation, the doctor will pick brightening molecules (Pluryal Mesoline SHINE®), plant growth inducers (NCTF 135®) or clarifying active ingredients (Mesoline® Plurial CLEAR).
When the scars are deep or fibrous, the doctor also suggests solutions that allow for deeper intervention, such as medical laser, medium peeling or energy-bearing medical waves.
Indications: When can mesotherapy be used to treat acne?
Treatment of acne with mesotherapy is not recommended for severe inflammatory flare-ups with pustules: the injection may in fact facilitate the dispersion of germs.
In other situations, acne mesotherapy can be used to treat:
- In Acute stage, oily skin, blackheads, dull complexion;
- In chronic stage, mild acne scars alter the attractiveness of the skin.
Mesotherapy may be conducted on any teenager, 80 to 90% of whom are affected. It sometimes enables to avoid heavier treatments.
Acne mesotherapy can also be done in adults as a quarter of males and half of females in the 30/45 age group are affected. Owing to the relative rise in androgens, acne pins may also often occur in menopause.
The mesotherapy acne treatment session
This facial mesotherapy session is under the direction of your aesthetic specialist at the Clinique des Champs Élysées Dubai. It takes around 15/30 minutes.
Your physician performs it in optimal safety and hygiene conditions, taking care not to irritate acne-prone skin.
Based on the indication to be treated (acne scar/acne flare-up), he picks the appropriate active ingredients.
Results of mesotherapy acne treatment, for a bright skin
The result is apparent but progressive. Three to five sessions, spacing two to four weeks apart, usually yield an optimum result, with a radiant skin, without pimples or blackheads, smooth and healthy, with no noticeable superficial lipidic film.