There are several problems with everyday shaving. Whether it is folliculitis type infections in the most extreme cases, or a simple irritation, it is not always simple to shave.
Thus, to get rid of it permanently or to redraw it in order to avoid any upkeep, men are more and more likely to resort to the laser hair removal of the beard. This technique is increasingly performed by laser hair removal specialists.
Hair removal of the beard
The hair removal of the beard is meant to permanently remove the hair of the beard. Men can use laser hair removal for a variety of reasons:
- For aesthetics purposes. In fact, when men let their beards grow, it would be nice for them not to have to take care of it all the time. Thus, in order to avoid any care, it is not rare for certain people to wish to use laser hair removal on the beard.
- For hygiene purpose. Often the beard can be the seat of bacteria, impurities, and other germs. Thus, laser hair removal tends to be the perfect way to beat hair and prevent regular shaving.
- Dancers must be hairless when performing certain sports, particularly classical dance. To stop regular shaves that may cause discomfort, laser hair removal may be used.
- Finally, when shaving is too frequent, the skin may become irritated and follicularitis may develop. Folliculitis is a hair follicle infection characterized by the presence of red pimples with a white dot. Laser hair removal can make the hair smoother and thus avoid irritation of the skin.
Hair removal of the beard: session
One to three sessions is sufficient to reduce the density of the beard and smooth the hair. It is uncommon for men to depilate fully except in special cases such as transsexualism.
The laser hair removal of the beard requires 7 to 10 sessions to achieve an optimal and conclusive result. Each session will last between 10 and 15 minutes.
Before laser hair removal, a first consultation is essential and helps your practitioner to know your ancestry and to identify any contraindications that might preclude you from using hair removal on the beard. This visit helps you to assess your hair and skin and tailor your treatment to your needs and desires.
On the day of the procedure, the doctor will take certain measures to give you an ideal and long-lasting result:
- The area to be treated is checked first to see if there are any contraindications. If your hair is too long, your beard can be shaved.
- The device is then set up and the doctor will give you safety glasses to shield your eyes from the laser beam.
- During a first session of laser hair removal, a test is carried out on a small part of the body. After the test, the practitioner may scan the region to be treated centimeter by centimeter. One second is enough to eliminate ten of the hairs.
- After the treatment, the doctor applies a moisturizing cream on the skin to soothe the redness and reduce the burning and itching feeling.
Hair removal of the beard: results
The hair of the beard is thick and quite dense. As the hair regrows rapidly, the first sessions of hair removal must be carried out together to treat a maximum of hairs in phase of growth. They are then progressively spread out.
The doctor first addresses the most vulnerable regions, such as the moustache, the chin, and then the less sensitive cheeks.
Laser hair removal of the beard before after
If a paradoxical regrowth is noticed, that is to say a growth of hair on an area not treated by the laser, but close to a treated surface, the number of sessions as well as the duration of the treatment could be extended .