Fatty thighs that become heavy with fat bulges will impact not only your leg, but your entire figure as well. It's sometimes even a source of hang-ups, pushing you to forget about shorts or small skirts. Even with exercise, losing thigh fat naturally is often impossible. This is where aesthetic medicine provides a simple remedy for slimming down the thighs without surgery and restoring the slimmer and more harmonious shape of the leg. Whether it's a fat bulge or a thigh cellulite, there's an efficient way to reduce thigh fat. Discover Find out how.
The causes: why are the thighs getting fat?
Fat deposits occurring on the thighs are linked to the accumulation of lipids in storage cells, adipocytes. These fat deposits are induced by an increase in their volume (up to 50), not by an increase in their number, which is fixed in adulthood.
These storage cells have a long-term storage function, difficult to harness: slimming is often long and complicated because it is hard to burn fat. The body always mobilizes the short-term calorie resources, the glycogen.
Losing thigh fat is all the more tricky as many factors contribute to this localized excess weight, such as hormones, sex, individual heredity, lifestyle...
How do men's thighs get fat?
Men are defined by an android fat distribution with more adipocytes on the upper parts of the body, hence the belly or adipomastia of the thorax.
The fat on the thighs appears later, affecting the dynamism of the silhouette.
How do thighs grow in women?
Women are characterized by a gynoid model where the adipocytes are preferentially situated in the lower parts of the body such as the buttocks, hips... and thighs. Consequently, this increase in thighs may be premature.
Large thighs are then aggravated by hormonal surges of pregnancy or menopause. They are often correlated with excess fat on the pelvis, making the figure heavier, sometimes even causing difficulty in dressing.
Depending on the case, it may be either classic fat bulges or lipodystrophy with increased water retention, called cellulite, with orange peel skin.
This can evolve in three phases:
- The oedematous cellulite of the thigh, where water retention prevails.
- Adipose cellulite, where excess fat predominates.
- Fibrous cellulite of the thigh, where the septa becomes fibrous. This fibrous partitioning "traps" the fat in dimples, under tension, and is therefore sometimes painful.
Indications: Who can slim down his thighs without surgery?
In order to slim down your thighs without surgery, your aesthetic doctor may correct:
- Thighs that are too heavy, with a good skin tone;
- Fibrous cellulite in women with bulges on the thighs;
- Cellulite in women's thighs.
However, these medical methods do not treat :
- Obesity or generalized overweight, where other solutions must be considered, such as gastric ballooning without surgery (Elipse® gastric balloon);
- Significant fat excess, where extra skin often requires surgery (thigh liposuction to slim thighs and thigh lift to tighten the skin and resect the excess).
Solutions: methods of slimming down the thighs without surgery
The comprehensive technical platform of the Clinique des Champs Elysées offers your esthetic doctor the guarantee of having a high-performance, tailor-made solution to help you lose thigh fat effortlessly, without pain and without general anesthesia.
The main methods of slimming down the thighs will be chosen according to the clinical examination.
- Moderate fat on the thighs or oedematous cellulite: mesotherapy, IPL light, drainage...
- Thigh fat bulges with good skin quality: Cryolipolysis of Coolsculpting® to reshape your thighs in a matter of weeks (1 session removes 25 percent of fat).
- Fat thighs with slight slackening of the skin or adipose cellulite: use of heat to remove fat and reshape the contours by body shaping heat (thermolipolysis by focused ultrasound, electromagnetic waves, radio frequency waves ...).
- Eliminate fibrous cellulite from the thighs by cutting the fibrous septa.