Aesthetic medicine provides a variety of medical lifting methods, including resorbable threads, for facelift without surgery on the face or body. This thread lift or thread lift will rejuvenate the skin, pull it back under tension without the need for surgery or anesthesia.
Causes: definition of sagging skin
The ageing of the dermis under the epidermis results in a drop in its hyaluronic acid and its fibres. The skin loses its bio-mechanical characteristics.
The drop in collagen fiber makes the skin less firm and less toned.
Fatty tissue or muscle, usually supported by a skin shell, is weighed down by gravity.
The skin cover will slacken and the tissues will sag.
They cannot go back to their original state, because the skin also loses its elasticity through simultaneous damage to the elastin fibers.
The sagging of the skin on the face contributes to the sagging of the facial oval structures, which transforms into a V upside down.
On the arms or the neck, unflattering folds appear, the dewlaps.
This decline in volumes will be accentuated by two factors:
- Structural melting experienced in a diet or pregnancy, if the skin has not regained its natural elasticity and is in excess;
- Fatty rolls that raise tension due to gravity.
What are threads-lift?
Put under the skin, the thread replaces the firming and tension of the collagen fibers by repositioning the sagging volumes in their place.
There are two types of threads, permanent non-absorbable threads (like old gold threads), and resorbable threads that are eventually metabolized.
Irresorbable threads have a very prolonged effect (sometimes up to 10 years) but a higher risk of intolerance. On the other hand, absorbable threads allow a natural regeneration reaction of the skin, for a totally natural result.
There are various types of absorbable threads:
- Based on their structure, there is the notched thread, the thread with resorbable "cones" or the smooth thread type V-Lift Meso.
- Based on their composition, there are polydioxanone (PDO), polylactic acid (PLA) or caprolactone (CPL) yarns. This absorbable thread is the same as the surgical threads used for the suture of muscles or vessels.
The action of absorbable threads incorporates two processes that follow and complement each other.
- Mechanical effect: it is an instant action on the tension, simply by pulling the thread under the skin and knotting it; the notched or conical thread anchors the thread and distributes the tension well.
- Inductive effect: the threads are resorbed with an inflammatory mechanism that stimulates stem cells by following the threads' mesh. Young fibroblasts will use them as "guides" for the regeneration of elastin and collagen fibers for rejuvenated skin. This is the strength of the absorbable thread, since this dermal rejuvenation is natural, which is reflected in the final result, with a tension that lasts until the threads are resorbed.
Soft facelift can substitute a surgical facelift, if the skin is still healthy, with a clear sagging of the skin.
Thread lifting for the face, neck and cleavage
Threads lift indication for the face
- Treatment of the nasolabial fold or of the bitterness fold
- Treatment of barcode wrinkles or eyelid wrinkles.
- Treatment of wrinkled necklines
- Correction of the sagging facial oval or neck dewlap by changing the volume (cheekbones, tail of the eyebrow, jowls...).
Body lifting with threads
Body areas treated by threads lift
- Arm, on the inside
- Knee or thigh bend, on the inner side
Absorbable threads lift for the body: V-Lift premium (notched thread)
The medical facelift with threads-lift session
The length of the operation is 30 to 90 minutes, without hospitalization and without general anesthesia. Your doctor will conduct the procedure in a sterilized block at the Clinique des Champs Elysées in Dubai.
He will perform a local anesthesia to implant and remove the threads under the skin:
- An entry point and an exit point for a notched thread.
- One input only for one meso thread
- One inlet and two outlets for a bi-directional cone thread
The whole skill of a successful thread lift is to respect the lines of tension in the face, and to offer sufficient traction while maintaining a natural look.
Results of thread lifting or lifting with threads
The result is instantly visible by the pulling action on the skin.
The oedemas affect it during the first days and it is more substantial around the fifteenth day.
However, the optimum result needs a waiting period of around 3 months, which is the time of the dermal regeneration. The fibroblasts create new hyaluronic acid, resulting in a moisturized, smooth, rejuvenated face with a radiant, rested complexion!
A thread lift should last from 18 to 24 months. It is then possible to start once more, or to supplement with other medical lifting alternatives without surgery.